At long last the iPhone now has MMS capabilities and if you’re on the TMobile network, you too can take advantage of this great feature. After trying so many different configurations, I finally found one setting that works with sending pictures as well as videos..how sweet is that?
To configure your settings, go to: Settings – General – Network – Cellular Data Network. Please note that I’m using an iPhone 3Gs on firmware 3.1.2.
UPDATE – 07/07/2010 – I just upgraded to IOS4 and these settings still work.
Under the MMS settings use the following values:
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576 <--optional
There’s a few of my readers noted that their iphone do not have the Cellular Data Network therefore unable to update their MMS settings. If yours is missing, follow these steps:
1. Open cydia and install winterboard
2. Add source: http://cydia.xsellize.com
3. Search Supreme Preferences 3.0 and install
4. Open winterboard
5. Check it off the supreme preference tab and respring
6. Then go to settings
7. Click supreme preferences tab and go to applications, than go to phone.
8. Cellular data tab: On
9. Click Home, then Settings
10. General – Network – u should now see Cellular Data Network.
If you’re still having problems receiving MMS after completing the steps above, try this video tutorial:
- Want EDGE on your T Mobile iPhone? If you have the iPhone 3G, 3Gs or 4G, you...
- T Mobile EDGE Stopped Working? ATTENTION: View the original T Zones Hack here…T Mobile EDGE...
- iPhone Unlock Firmware 1.1.1 Unlocking the iPhone has never been so easy, this method...
- iPhone Keeps Crashing For some reason or another my iPhone seems to crash...
- Unlock and Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 2.0 NOTE: This will not work with iPhone 3G..at least not...